Friday, August 25, 2017

Hello Milton Middle School!

This is Mr. Lafferty, the new Social Studies teacher for Team Prospect.  I received a degree in history at the University of Michigan, then got my teaching license for Social Studies at Champlain College.
A few things I've done before joining MMS:

  • worked at an outdoor education school for middle schoolers on Cape Cod
  • managed a deconstruction and salvage operation in Burlington
  • served as a Peace Corps volunteer in Panama
  • worked on an archaeology dig in Syria
Last school year I taught Spanish at Colchester Middle School, but I am happy to be a Yellowjacket!  I look forward to helping our students develop a more complete understanding of the world around us, and will draw on some of my past experiences to guide this instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment